RPC over HTTP

16 Feb 2012

SOLVED: I had an old version of mbed, updated it to version 34 and there where a lot less problems; But now we have changed to TCPSocket for information transmission and reception. Wrote a nice Perl environment which can post values and then a javascript gets it with a XMLHTTPRequest. Sorry for the inconvinaince.

ORIGINAL POST

Hello,

I just started developing some small stuff for the mbed. What i experienced so far is a nice platform with quite a lot information. But sometimes that isn't sufficient so you have to relay on other people. I am quite new to this platform and this community, so first I wanted to say hello!

Hello!

Now on with my question: I continued building from the HTTPServerExample to readout ADC ports through RPC. Now i have a nice javascript which probes the RPC service every 0.1 seconds, clientsided. But now the MBed freezes up. If it is probed every 2 seconds or so, the information is received and the Mbed doesn't crash. Is this normal behaviour? What is the normal capacity the Mbed as a webserver offering RPC can handle? Could I optimize something? If the mbed can't handle the constant Net::Polls is there another nicer way for a continious flow of information to a browser?

There is another idea I have, to just run a perl script that has a continuous connection with the Mbed over an UDP or TCP socket. Is there a nice example from the c++ embed side? I'm currently trying the UDPSocketExample.

I don't want an all ready program, because I still am interested in developing and making but I really could use some pointers.

Thanks for reading!

ORIGINAL POST