Where's the RTC Gone?

23 Oct 2009 . Edited: 23 Oct 2009

Hi All,

I'm working on a project which requires the RTC (i'm making a clock!), but I've just had a look through the documentation and can't find any reference to it. Doing a search on this site suggests that an abstraction did exist at one time, but all the links now seem to be dead.

Has the abstraction been removed? Is there any way I can access the old abstraction functions, or is it safe to copy the old ones into some local code from the svn history?

Cheers,

Max

23 Oct 2009

Hi Max,

max.batley@... wrote:
I'm working on a project which requires the RTC (i'm making a clock!), but I've just had a look through the documentation and can't find any reference to it. Doing a search on this site suggests that an abstraction did exist at one time, but all the links now seem to be dead.

Yes it did, but wasn't quite right so was removed. Also, there were some updates needed for the new 1768 version. We have a much better version now which we'll push live next week once it has been documented properly.

Can you wait that long?!

Simon

23 Oct 2009

Hi Simon,

I have ~300 LED's to buy and solder before I have to worry about programming my mbed, so I don't think a week's wait will be too much of a problem :-)

Thanks for the info

Max

28 Oct 2009 . Edited: 28 Oct 2009

Hi Max,

We've just pushed live a library update which I hope this helps with your RTC needs. See the blog post:

Thanks,
Simon