About a repository of programs -- Sharing purpose

30 Jul 2009 . Edited: 30 Jul 2009

To Simon Ford.

Hello Simon!

I tested a few of the "ctime" examples found of the CPusPus.com site on my mbed -- after setting the time using the little program you provide on the site -- like "time", "countdown", "localtime", "difftime", using the USB serial connection to the pc. They all work very well.

Then it came to me that it would be nice to have a repository of programs to share this information. ...An example always put the functions we use in context and helps to understand.

Regards,

René-Jean Mercier

30 Jul 2009

Hi,

I tested a few of the "ctime" examples found of the CPusPus.com site on my mbed -- after setting the time using the little program you provide on the site -- like "time", "countdown", "localtime", "difftime", using the USB serial connection to the pc. They all work very well.

That is great to know!

Then it came to me that it would be nice to have a repository of programs to share this information. ...An example always put the functions we use in context and helps to understand.

I think so too! Our wiki/repository is a little clunky at the moment, but it does work. You can easily make a page in the cookbook, and it has a svn repositiory which you can put code in too (get hold of something like TortoiseSVN on windows).

Perhaps make a page in the cookbook in a way you feel might be useful. Maybe a snippits page? Or a index of little code samples? Feel free to play around. We haven't really got that bit right yet, so experimentation is definitely encouraged!

And always great to hear when things are working, so thanks again...

Cheers,

Simon