First Impressions with Feedback

-deleted-
23 Nov 2009

Well I got my mbed...it only took a couple minutes to test out an LED blinking program...pretty sweet that I didn't have to hunt down and install any software to use it. 

Honestly, I can't say enough about how cool I think this is.

However, I was discouraged to learn that the API source code available on the SVN appears to be limited to the header files and some precompiled libraries.  Are the *.c and/or  *.cpp files for the API also available for viewing online? It would be nice to see how you folks are implementing all this stuff and it might also cut down on some of the questions that seem to be popping up.  Although I am still a bit of a newb, here is my general understanding of things from the schematic and header stuff:

1. 1) External USB goes to magic mbed interface which goes to LPC1768 via JTAG/UART0
  2. 2) Supported LPC1768 Peripherals: UART1,UART2, UART3, SSP0, SSP1, I2C1, I2C2, CAN2, ADC[0:5], PWM[1:6], Ethernet, USB
  3. 3) Timer3 used for System Ticker function
  4. 4) Digital inputs can be configured to trigger interrupts
  5. 5) Other file IO and event timing helper functions in API...hmm nice

So I am curious then about the following:

• What are the other 3 timers used for? Are the external CAP or MAT functions for these timers available for future API development?
  • How is the pin multiplexing for the different peripherals actually accomplished in the first place?
  • Where do I look in the documentation and/or code to learn how different interrupt priorities are configured?  It would be nice to have some understanding and control over this.
  • How easy is it to mix usage of the API with custom peripheral code? Any good examples in the documentation?

Cool product, can't wait to see where this all goes!

Adam