LoRaWAN API

10 Apr 2017

Hi, (it's my first post so don't blame me if I didn't do this correctly)

I'm working on a free LoRa system.

I'm using an arduino uno and a RFM95W LoRa module and I need to create a communication with a multitech LoRaWAN Gateway, but I didn't know what is the easiest and the coolest API or if one of this exist for my application. My GateWAY is configured with a Network ID by Name (like : "gateway01") and a network key by passphrase (like : "gateway01"). But I didn't know how I can communicate with the gateway ..

So if someone can help a poor student in embedded systems, I will like you !

If you need more information of my material, just ask.

Many thanks in anticipation of your response.

A poor french student.

11 Apr 2017

Hi Alex,

Take a look at https://developer.mbed.org/teams/Semtech/code/LoRaWAN-lmic-app/, it contains drivers for the SX1276 over SPI, so I think that'd be compatible with the RFM95W module.

You probably need to set your Multitech gateway in 'proper' LoRaWAN mode (with a DevEUI, App session key & network session key for authentication) for this to work, as the network ID / passphrase stuff is Multitech specific. If your gateway software doesn't support it take a look at The Things Network or LORIOT.io, which are LoRaWAN Network Servers.

Note: This is the *mbed* forums, not the Arduino forums. That program linked above only works for mbed-enabled development boards. For Arduino advice you'll have to look at an Arduino forum.