code is not working on Nucleo board

14 Jun 2016

Hi, i m new to mbed compiler. I tried led blinking code, and after compiling i downloaded .bin file and flashed in Nucleo drive. But it is not working .

Anybody knows why it is so?

14 Jun 2016

The latest mbed release of libraries seem to have issues with some Nucleo boards. There's not been a good explanation as to how this got through the release process.

Try rolling the mbed library back to version 119 (in the compiler right click on the library, select revisions, select 119 and click switch) and see if that fixes the problem.

14 Jul 2016

I started working with nucleo F030 a couple of days ago. I faced the same issue. Blinky sketch wasn't working. Reverting to revision 91 of mbed library fixed the issue.

Right click on mbed > Revisions > Right click on 91st revision > Switch working copy to this revision

29 Aug 2016

I have exactly the same problem with mbed os led blinking example. It compiles ok even offline with GCC. It even successfully flashes to the board with st-flash or just copying to flash drive but do not work.

Actually i found a working example before came here. I tried another sample for led blinker without mbed os. And it works fine. But it can hardly be called a solution.

My board is Nucleo F411RE.

UPD: hmm. Now tried again. Updated mbed-os library using online IDE and it works. Tried that earlier with mbed-cli without success.

UPD: seems like my problem related only to mbed-cli GCC compilation. When I compile it using mbed-cli and flash it - led sample doesn't work. But online ide compiled binary works fine.

29 Aug 2016

Here I found a tip: https://docs.mbed.com/docs/mbed-os-handbook/en/5.1/dev_tools/cli/

Quote:

If you want to use the GCC ARM Embedded toolchain, set GCC_ARM_PATH to the binary directory of your GCC ARM installation (example: C:\Program Files\GNU Tools ARM Embedded\4.9 2015q2\bin). Use versions 4.9 of GCC ARM Embedded; version 5.0 or any version above might be incompatible with the tools.

Will try version 4.9.

29 Aug 2016

Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Set up a GCC_ARM 4.9 and compiled again without any problems.

hyperion :: projects/nucleo/mbed-os-example-blinky ‹master› % mbed compile                                        <<< 
Building project mbed-os-example-blinky (K64F, GCC_ARM)
Scan: .
Scan: FEATURE_UVISOR
Scan: FEATURE_COMMON_PAL
Scan: FEATURE_CLIENT
Scan: FEATURE_BLE
Scan: FEATURE_STORAGE
Scan: FEATURE_IPV4
Scan: FEATURE_IPV6
Scan: mbed
Scan: env
+-----------+-------+-------+-------+
| Module    | .text | .data |  .bss |
| Subtotals | 50350 |  2308 | 10008 |
Allocated Heap: 65536 bytes
Allocated Stack: 32768 bytes
Total Static RAM memory (data + bss): 12316 bytes
Total RAM memory (data + bss + heap + stack): 110620 bytes
Total Flash memory (text + data + misc): 53698 bytes
Image: ./.build/K64F/GCC_ARM/mbed-os-example-blinky.bin

Then sent binary to the NUCLEO flash drive. It flashed but doesn't work again.