Mercurial repository

22 Sep 2012

Hi,

is it possible to access the source code repository in the mbed online compiler with Mercurial? Or can I download the repository including the version history somehow?

Greetings cody

27 Sep 2012

Hi Sebastian K,

Yes, you can do that with published programs and libraries, but it is read-only. As an example you can clone your blinkm repository using the command hg clone http://mbed.org/users/cody/code/blinkm/

I hope that helps.

Steve

28 Sep 2012

Are there plans for external commit via mercurial? That's solve a lot of offline compiler problems - the actual problem is that offline editors are much more capable than the web editor, at least for me.

29 Sep 2012

I think I did not explain that good enough: I actually meant what Matt said: Access the .hg-directory with the standard hg-program.

Thanks!

29 Sep 2012

We do plan to enable that.. however a model of commit-to-compile would be rather unsatisfactory. I think to enable offline editors, it would be probably be better to give access to a compiler API service which would allow a simple client to be created which submits compile jobs to be run server-side. However I can't say right now when or whether that service may appear. I will however take this thread as a another vote of interest in this and bump its priority up accordingly.

Dan

06 Nov 2013

Hi Dan,

How is the progress going? I want to sync libraries on mbed.org with libraries on github.com.

Dan Ros wrote:

We do plan to enable that.. however a model of commit-to-compile would be rather unsatisfactory. I think to enable offline editors, it would be probably be better to give access to a compiler API service which would allow a simple client to be created which submits compile jobs to be run server-side. However I can't say right now when or whether that service may appear. I will however take this thread as a another vote of interest in this and bump its priority up accordingly.

Dan

07 Nov 2013

Hi,

Please note one of the reasons for having access is also to have a off-line backup including history. Curretnly we can only export the current state of a project so it can be loaded into an off-line toolchain.

Having an option to export a project to Mercurial/Git fast-export format would in my case already be perfect.

regards