Trouble installing the USB serial driver on Windows 7 (x64).

05 Jan 2012

When I try to install the USB serial driver on my Windows 7 (x64) machine, I get a message saying "The driver could not be installed. Please close any open mbed drive windows and COM ports and try again."

The only program running is the installer and all explorer windows are closed (I rebooted just to make sure). My device is plugged in to the USB port (LED is illuminated).

I searched the forums - someone had the same problem under Vista, but apparently it was fixed. I didn't see anything about Windows 7 (apologies if I missed it).

I'm running mbedWinSerial_16466. Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

05 Jan 2012

I had problem with usb audio code when it was not full retail copy of windows 7 I had lite version, change to full retail and everything worked.

05 Jan 2012

Hmmm - I'm using the retail (non-OEM) version of Home Premium. I'm not sure if that's what you're thinking of as far as "lite" version?

05 Jan 2012

no I meant a Stripped down version of windows 7.

13 Feb 2012

i was happy with mbed, when i inserted the mbed in pc windows 7 the drive is installed and not visible in my computer, tried all options disused in forums for mass storage device, the mbed mass storage is not visible in computer. can any one help me out to solve this problem

13 Feb 2012

I have solved the problem, i was trying to read the adc and store the data to local file in mbed, the program was accessing the file so i could not able to see the mbed in my computer, after reading the post form mbed "http://mbed.org/cookbook/deadmbed" i got the solution, any more solution to avoid this problem please post me