piezo

06 Feb 2012

would like to add a multi-tone audio annunciator to a project before poking into it a bit I really didnt know that there were different sorts of piezo 'spkrs', 'buzzers' etc. specifically, i would like to use Pete Drescher's beep routine question then is which piezo will work with that code (part numbers welcome !!)

tnx all...

garyb

06 Feb 2012

Almost any piezo will work, The physical bigger, generaly better sound, And less scratching sound.

Maplin have quit a few.

Ceri

07 Feb 2012

Import programpopcorn

The popcorn song on 1 wire. Just add a piezo buzzer on p23 !

I wrote the popcorn song on 1 wire.

Just connect a 3.3v piezo to a p23, to hear the song.

A little round disc one.

like this...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/piezo-transducers-3202

available almost anywhere. (those maplin ones are expensive though)

I usually have one sitting aorund, and I put it on my breadboard and lop a bit of wire across it to hold it flat, which makes it louder. If you use one of these you can drive it DIRECTLY off the pin.

07 Feb 2012

Thanks guys. Think I know what to pick up now. And Dave, great work on the 'popcorn' song. Do you read music or did you suss this one out by plunking on the piano (like I would have!). Thanks again...

garyb

10 Feb 2012

To be honest.. I have absolutely no experience in music. I can just about play a triangle.

I googled the frequencies of notes, and set up a method that could play any note.

Then I googled the popcorn song and got a big line of notes to play.. and then I just put that big list in main.

I couldn't believe it when the popcorn song actually came out !!

Then I wrote a program that uses a method called playThePopcornSong() when a sensor gets triggered.

bit of fun !

but importantly.. 30 mins from start to finish.

cheers

Dave.