REST API to allow remote access to compiler

07 Aug 2010

I'm using the python on a chip project (pymite) to build a python VM which I then import to the online compiler, compile and download to the mbed board.

Could you publish an API so that I can import the zip file into the compiler from the command line, and then make a second request to compile the application and receive the binary?

I like the hosted compiler idea, and the library of Code you've written but it would be great to be able to use the compiler without having to use the online editor.

Michael

07 Aug 2010

You may not use the online compiler except from the online IDE (yet?). See here.

07 Aug 2010 . Edited: 07 Aug 2010

Hi Michael,

We'll be doing some tests sometime, so we'll give you a message :)

(to be clear, we're working on a load of other updates for the compiler which take priority, so don't expect anything too soon)

Simon

07 Aug 2010

Is it really true that it is outside the license terms to send requests to your web service from something other than you Javascript code running in my browser? That's not my interpretation of the terms and conditions.

I suspect that the existing API is probably sufficient with some documentation on the import and compile step.