mbed as a LabView DAQ

03 Apr 2011

I've using the mbed LabView RPC stuff on my project and am pretty impressed. So far I have a PC running LabView 8.6 Student Edition that came with my Electrical Engineering text book connected to a DNT900 RF modem, and the other DNT900 is connected to an mbed. I have been able to control the mbed through LabView with no problems.

I just had the idea of implementing an mbed as a DAQ in LabView. The mbed is very capable and alot cheaper than the USB DAQ's that National Instrument sells that we use in our Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering controls and instrumentation classes. An optimal route would to make all the mbed stuff completely transparent in LabView, and the mbed would appear just as any other DAQ in LabView. I haven't looked into what it takes to make a DAQ driver in LabView yet. I think that this would be a really good task for the mbed and would help get the mbed used in more Universities, but from looking at the mbed LabView pages and the forums I can tell that there is very little interest in the LabView stuff, maybe because LabView costs alot if your not a student.

Just throwing the idea out there to see if anyone has already looked into this and/or if anyone else is interested in using an mbed as LabView DAQ.

13 Nov 2014

Hi ihiggs,

Please I want to interface Labview with mbed, how do I go about that. Please help.

Micheal

Atopet2005@yahoo.com