Help me with LPC1768 and RN41 (Bluetooth)

07 Jun 2012

Hi, Good Afternoon:

I have a LPC1768 and Bluetooth RN41, my problem is:

I can not set the RN41 with windows hyperterminal, I already turn off and turn on the RN41, I bridge the Tx and Rx and nothing, since I need to send and receive from the RN41. I connect with a bluetooth computer, I can see the bluetooth, but I can not configure it, is the first time we set the RN41 through LPC768, or I will need to configure the RN41 with MAX232? or to configure the RN41 with LPC1768?

08 Jun 2012

I just powered the RN41 (I actually use the RN42, but they're similar) and then used a USB bluetooth dongle on a laptop, connected to the RN4X and used putty to open a a serial port. The RN4X is seen by the USB-Bluetooth as a serial port. Make sure you look in device manager to see what port. Look on Page 5 for setup information for configuring remotely via bluetooth. Default is 115,200, 8, N, 1, hardware flow control is on. Then type $$$ within a 60 seconds to enter config mode.

http://www.rovingnetworks.com/resources/download/47/Advanced_User_Manual

This is without even needing the MBED connected. Do that once you have com working with the RN4X.

I connected to mine remotely, set up a different device name and configured a different pin and Baud rate and reset. Tested by connecting my phone via bluetooth and a terminal program and sent Hello World out of the serial port of the MBED through bluetooth to my phone.

08 Jun 2012

Thanks Travis Gintz for your help, really work!!!!!!!! jejejeje!!!! thanks

But, now how active the OBEXFTP and OPP service in the RN41?, i read in the Roving Networks Bluetooth™ Product User Manual, the service class and device class are important because modify the RN41 configuration, i write (SC,0010 SD, 0104) and(SC,0010 SD,0598) and other parameters and nothing, can you help me?.

I need send a file from microSD with bluetooth to my android, but not have the BOEXFTP and OPP service active.

THANKS !!!