Excel

13 Feb 2011

Hello there. I am new to C and mbed. I am trying to save some data on office excel and create a chart with that data. I need to change rows and save each data array in different row. I have tried some examples from the web but they don't seem to work. Does anyone has an idea? Do I need some extra libraries to do this? Examples would be very helpful.

13 Feb 2011

If you are ALWAYS putting the data into a file, and then reading it back (from the MBED - from SD/USB drive of the local file system) later. then you will probably be best saving data off as a csv file, opening it with excel, and adding your chart etc, or you can paste the data into a pre-built excel form.

If you do want to directly create charts etc then you can use GOOGLE chart, although i have onley had limited susses with this.

Enjoy Ceri

13 Feb 2011

Really helpfull thanks. I am also looking on changing rows in excel. Do you know a way to do this(cause i have a quite big amount of data and when i save it it saves it in one row so copying and pasting may take some time)?

13 Feb 2011

IT Should be possible to write a Delphi program, To read I'm the data file. And send it to a specific row or col.

EG R8 n n n n n n

C4 n n n n

Enjoy Ceri.

23 Feb 2011

how much data youre talking about?

23 Feb 2011

Hello Marcel

I am talking about couple of hundreds of bytes, but i may reduce the amount.

24 Feb 2011

Georgios,

I'm doing a project where i take 5000 unsigned shorts samples (in one second). The .txt that it creates is about 40kb. and importing it into excel takes <1sec. When the program is complete i'll publish it.

24 Feb 2011

Ok Marcel thanks.