LPC824 Issues

13 May 2015

Been using an MBED LPC062X system for about 5 years. Decided to try something smaller and hoping I can just port some of my programs over to a new system.

I just got a Switch Science LPC824. I made a breakout board for it and plugged it into the USB for power. There is power on the +5, +3.3 pins but the USB does not recognize the system. No driver, no install, NADA.

If I short the pins on the backside to load firmware I can get to the "CRP DISABLED" drive and it shows a single file <firmware.bin; 64K size, FAT structure>.

Is this where I drag/drop new firmware? I am used to just having a main flash area for programmed firmware.

Is this new device already bricked? Is there any way to recover the main drive?

Any suggestions?

13 May 2015

The crp disabled drive is what you get when the CMSIS-DAP interface is in USB bootloader mode. You can flash the interface device by deleting the bin file and pasting a new bin file. You may need to update this interface firmware by following the instructions given here. The board should then behave as regular mbed with drag and drop programming.

14 May 2015

Thank you for the response. I understood what was supposed to be the correct operation. It seems there might have been a corrupted firmware. I also received the same information directly from Switch Science. They were quick to respond and I appreciate them sending me a link for the firmware.

All seems to be fixed now.

Now I am off to sort out some I2C comm errors...