MOD-NOKIA6610 mobile LCD library compilation problems

28 Aug 2009 . Edited: 31 Aug 2009

Hi,

I'm getting the following errors when attempting to compile anything against the Mobile LCD library for the MOD-NOKIA6610:

• "No instance of constructor "mbed::SPI::SPI" matches the argument list (E289)" in file "LCDTest/lib/MobileLCD/MobileLCD.cpp" - Line 166, Column 25
  • "No instance of constructor "mbed::DigitalOut::DigitalOut" matches the argument list (E289)" in file "LCDTest/lib/MobileLCD/MobileLCD.cpp" - Line 167, Column 11
  • "No instance of constructor "mbed::DigitalOut::DigitalOut" matches the argument list (E289)" in file "LCDTest/lib/MobileLCD/MobileLCD.cpp" - Line 168, Column 11

Besides this the line numbers being reported appear to be incorrect, I think it's actually refering to lines 155, 156 and 157 respectively.

Also is there any chance of getting a schematic diagram for the MOD-NOKIA6610, similar to the one for the Sparkfun model?

Cheers,

Mike.

28 Aug 2009 . Edited: 28 Aug 2009

Hi Mike,

I'm getting the following errors when attempting to compile anything against the Mobile LCD library for the MOD-NOKIA6610:

• "No instance of constructor "mbed::SPI::SPI" matches the argument list (E289)" in file "LCDTest/lib/MobileLCD/MobileLCD.cpp" - Line 166, Column 25

This is probably because you're using the brand spangly new library we just put live, which changes the way we identify pins. There is a brief summary of this change in:

http://mbed.org/blog/entry/22/

but i'll write up a full report of changes soon (there are lots :).

This new library will get pulled in if you start a new project, but all your exisiting projects will be unchanged. Basically, all libraries and examples will need updating to support this, which is quite a bit of work but should be worth it.

So, for now, you can still continue to work with the old library, buy just chooising "Import Library..." and entering:

http://mbed.org/projects/libraries/svn/mbed/trunk@11

(i.e. v11 is the old library, v12 is the first new library).

Please try deleting the library and pulling in this instead, and hopefully all should work. We'll set about updating all the cookbook examples soon.

Simon

28 Aug 2009

That's sorted it, thanks very much.

13 Nov 2009

I too had the same problem.  I loaded the older v11 of the mbed library.  Now, I get quite a few of the following error:

" Cannot call non-interworking ARM symbol 'mbed::SPI::write(int)' in SPI.o from THUMB code in MobileLCD.o(.text) (EL6239E)" in file "/"

-followed by a couple:

" Cannot call non-interworking ARM symbol 'mbed::DigitalOut::operator =(int)' in DigitalOut.o from THUMB code in MobileLCD.o(.text) (EL6239E)" in file "/"

-followed by a couple:

" Cannot call non-interworking ARM symbol 'mbed::SPI::format(int, int)' in SPI.o from THUMB code in MobileLCD.o(.text) (EL6239E)" in file "/"

-and others.....

May this be related to the new firmware update?

Regards,

...kevin