1. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY.
2. DATA WE MAY COLLECT
We collect and process data which; (i) relates to you and from which you can be identified ("Personal Data"); and (ii) relates to your use of the Website which does not on its own identify you ("Technical Data"), which collectively shall be referred to as "Data".
Personal Data may include but may not be limited to:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website including but not limited to name, postal and email addresses and other information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to or using any service through the Website, uploading material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Technical Data.
Technical Data may include but may not be limited to:
- Activity information including but not limited to information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type and details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the services and resources that you access and you use of such resource.
- Content which you upload and create in both public and private areas of the Website, including but not limited to source code, object code and documentation.
We may obtain information about your usage of the Website by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests.
- To recognise you when you return to the Website.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
5. USES MADE OF THE DATA
We may use Personal Data held about you in the following ways:
- To contact you for purposes related to the Website.
- To notify you about changes to the Agreement, Website or to any services provided through the Website.
- To provide you with information about our goods and services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To comply with any legal requirements.
We may use Technical Data in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To display materials on the Website where you have uploaded such materials for that purpose.
- To analyse materials you have uploaded and created for our own purposes and to collect and analyse information on how the Website is being used.
- To provide, maintain and improve the Website.
- To research and develop new services.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
We may disclose your Data to any member of the ARM Group. We may also disclose your Data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Data in order to enforce or comply with any legal right or obligation.
- If we contract a third party to carry out analysis on your materials under clause 5 above.
We may disclose or sell results of analysis of your Technical Data (but not the Technical Data itself) to third parties in an aggregated and anonymous form (so that it does not contain any Personal Data) for any purpose. Further we have the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Website if, in our opinion, such material should not be posted on the Website. Any and all material you upload to the Website will be considered non-confidential.
7. TERMINATION OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR RIGHTS
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to external website. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Data to these websites.
8. ACCESS TO DATA
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access Personal Data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the Personal Data we hold about you.