Table of Contents
Here at mbed HQ we're trying to support educational institutions as best we can. Some of the things we can offer are listed here. If there are other ways in which we can help, please feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Using mbed in classes, labs and groups¶
Every user working on mbed should have their own user account, just like with email.
We have recently removed the restriction the meant an mbed can only be used to register a single account. Therefore, it is no longer necessary to use the "signup codes" we have supplied in the past.
Registration for a user account complete with a compiler license still requires a physical mbed Microcontroller to be used.
However, it does not tie your account to that specific mbed Microcontroller. Once registered, you can use your account with any mbed Microcontroller of that type!
There is more information about licences at the Licences page.
If you are a student (or a member of staff) undertaking some interesting project work or research that would be valuable to the mbed community, you can apply to receive a sponsored microcontroller.
More details about this program can be found at the Sponsorship page.
Workshops and Demo Sessions¶
If you are looking to trial mbed in your establishment, or want to run a workshop to teach others about mbed, we can help out by providing notes/powerpoint for a trial workshop session to introduce the audience to mbed. Give us an email at email@example.com
- Lecture course notes
- Base boards - See Cookbook, scroll to "Baseboards" heading
- Component breakout boards - See Cookbook, scroll to "Breadboards and breakouts" heading
Courses / Colleges / Universities sponsored so far¶
- Course leader : Steve Gimblett
- Establishment : City College Plymouth, UK
- Course : BTEC Extended Diploma IT Practitioner
- Module : Unit 24 Controlling Systems Using IT
- Course leader : Yoong Hor Meng
- Establishment : Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore
- Department : Electrical Engineering
- Course leader : Nobuyasu TOMOKUNI
- Establishment : Kinki University, Japan
- Department : Department of Intelligent Mechanical Engineering
- Course leader : Baudouin MARTIN
- Establishment : Polytech'Tours, France
- Course: Electronic and Informatic
- Course leader : Kenichi OHARA, Ph. D.
- Establishment : Osaka University, Japan
- Course leader : KATO TORU
- Establishment : Waseda Univ.Senior High School, Japan
- Project: Waseda CanSat Team
- Course leader : Mark Woldinga
- Establishment : Zuyd University, Netherlands
- Course: Microcontroller Applications
- Course leader : Dr.-Ing. Alfred Rozek
- Establishment : Beuth Hochschule für Technik Berlin, Germany
- Course: Embedded Systems Design
- Course leader : KOSUGE Misato
- Establishment : TokyoTech. High School of Science and Technology
- Project: The Japanese High School CanSat team
- Course leader : K.Rajasekaran
- Department : Electronics & Instrumentation
- Establishment : Karunya University, Coimbatore, India.
- Course: M.Tech(Embedded systems)
- Course leader : Carlos Badilla
- Establishment : Mendoza University, Argentina
- Project: Postgraduate research team
- Course leader : Edward Goddard
- Course : Electronics/Systems
- Establishment : Tunbridge Wells Grammar School for Boys
Posting comments for this page has been disabled