Serial Port not working - device manager, mbed composite device has exclamation mark. FRDM-KL25Z

25 Sep 2013

I have tried this on two boards same result on both.

The boot loader is the latest on both although that shouldn't make a difference.

The board did work a week ago on this machine (Windows 7 64bit).

I plug in the FRDM-KL25Z in device manager it looks like this... /media/uploads/joeh/deviceman.png

I have tried

1. to update the driver automatically - this fails

2. to manually point the driver update by extracting the files from the serial port exe (mbedWinSerial_16466.exe) and specifying it to use mbedserial_x64, I get this result... /media/uploads/joeh/driverr.png

What is the problem?

27 Sep 2013

Anybody?

27 Sep 2013

Does the MSD part work? Especially weird if it used to work. Tried another USB port? (Mainly important if you have more than one USB controller, for example USB2.0 and 3.0 ports). Did you also remove the drivers? (For example of that mbed Composite Device it shows). Tried another USB cable? USB hub in between?

18 Oct 2013

yes i tried all the usb ports same problem, dont have a hub. Yes the MSD part works...

18 Oct 2013

If MSD works I don't think a hub is going to make a difference. Did you also try to delete the drivers and re-install them?

27 Oct 2013

yes I did, same problem, is there any extra data or log files I can get that might help solve this

19 Apr 2014

I get the same problem

20 Apr 2014

/media/uploads/IPD501/mbed_serial_error.png

In the image I've got a working mbed that I bought ages ago, and one that I bought recently that wont install correctly.

I've read the advice above but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions? I've tried:

-mbedWinSerial installer file from the mbed site -many different compatibility settings when installing -different cables