Empty binary file though compilation is successful

07 Mar 2012

I tried to compile several of my programs. They compile nicely with no errors and no warnings but the binary file I'm downloading is totally empty: 0 bytes. Has it happened before? Did I do something wrong? My browser: firefox latest update. Best, Audren

07 Mar 2012

I also want to precise I updated my version of java and I've got the latest one.

The compiler does detect when there are mistakes in the code and does not compile in such a case.

I still have the problem of getting an empty file to download...

07 Mar 2012

Could be a browser issue. Try another one.

07 Mar 2012

I'm getting the exact same issue right now - curious if it's a system issue (i've tried both firefox and chrome)

To add detail - I'm also not seeing any information on RAM or memory usage in the compiler after a successful compile.

07 Mar 2012

I also tried with internet explorer and Chrome; still the same issue.

07 Mar 2012

Hi all,

We're investigating the issue.

However as a quick fix, you may rename the program in question which should clear the problem.

Thanks,

Dan

07 Mar 2012

Thanks Dan, the trick to change the name worked for me and I was able to download my code.

Best,

Audren

07 Mar 2012

This should now be fixed for all affected users. Apologies for the inconvenience!

08 Mar 2012

I've been having this problem since about 5:30 yesterday afternoon and it's still happening to me :-(

It's not the browser or JAVA etc. To confirm this I have tried a clean VMWare machine and also proved it by doing the following.

If I go back to a previous version of my C code it will compile. If I alter it, it does compile and spot errors and changes etc. It will compile and give me a 37.6k file.

If I do a "Save As" in the "Program Workspace" then this new version whilst there, i.e. I can see the C, it will compile and it will spot errors and changes, it always gives me a 0 byte file.

I've attached a couple of screen grabs to help illustrate. I've also tried deleting older programs to see if I had a server space issue at your end.

If I create a new program that works as well.

Renaming the program does seem to work for me but that seems bit mad! A solution for now I guess at least :-)

Help...

Richard

/media/uploads/ARMedanddangerous/mbed2.png

/media/uploads/ARMedanddangerous/mbed.png

08 Mar 2012

Hi Richard,

Looks like you were missed. The problem should now be fixed for you too.

Thanks,

Dan

08 Mar 2012

That's sorted it :-)

Thanks,

Richard

Please log in to post a reply.