Bugs and Suggestions issue tracker

17 Jan 2011

I've created a page at http://mbed.org/cookbook/mbed-Bugs-and-Suggestions which will list known issues.

Please continue to report new bugs/suggestions here but also you may check to see the status of accepted bugs/suggestions at the above page. You can also add your vote to get a issue fixed with a higher priority.

Dan

17 Jan 2011

This is great to see, Dan.

I had one other suggestion that may have been missed: a request to allow symbolic links in the file structure. Alternatively, how about allowing a path to be specified for included files? The overall objective is to allow a single physical instance of a file (typically a header) to be used in multiple projects. I'd love to have the ability to do something like this:

#include "mbed.h"
#include "../GlobalIncludeLibrary/myhardwaredefinitions.h"

etc

What do you think?

17 Jan 2011

Not sure if I should create a new topic or just post here, so I'm posting here.

I have searched the forums and seen this mentioned a few times. Could we have version control / issue tracking added to that page so it can be voted on? It would be great if it could be implemented into the site. The ability to submit bugs to other people's libraries and or have multiple people working on a project would be very useful. I currently use other sites for this but hopefully in the future I won't have to.

20 Jan 2011

Another small thing is that in the compiler Shift+Backspace doesn't work. I don't hold shift while backspacing too often, but if I'm typing in caps it happens.

21 Jan 2011

Yes the shift+backspace problem happens to me fairly often. It's not as annoying as what happens in the Arduino IDE but it still slows me down.

27 Mar 2011

Hi,

Small format bug in the compiler, the following code does not align well:

extern "C" void TIMER1_handler(void) __irq {
    if (sample_index<MAX_SAMPLES) {
    t1[sample_index]=cap_timing.read_us();              //NOT ALIGNED PROPERLY!

// Pre-prep a transfer
        dma.Setup(conf);
        dma.Enable(conf);

//DMA does not clear any flags.
        uint32_t dummy4 = LPC_ADC->ADGDR;

LPC_ADC->ADCR |= (1UL << 16); // ADC burst mode
        LPC_ADC->ADINTEN = 0x100;     // Do all channels.

t2[sample_index]=cap_timing.read_us();
    }

LPC_TIM1->IR = 1; // Clr timer1 irq.                    //NOT ALIGNED PROPERLY!
}

It is caused by the irq keyword.

01 May 2011

IE 8: Pressing <delete> in the replace box offers to delete the file

BrowsersBehavior
IE 8Offers to delete the current file with OK highlighted
Chrome 10no bug
FireFox 4no bug
Opera 11no bug
Opera 10no bug
IE 6no bug

Unfortunately, this appears to be the defect that bit me at least once, while working a series of edits, I was doing a number of find and replace operations, then poof, the file was gone! I had a few other browsers handy, so tested them.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open any code module
  2. Press the Find button
  3. Put the cursor in the Replace box (it seems that no text is necessary)
  4. Press the Delete key
  5. Dialog pops up asking to delete that module, default button is [OK]

So, how did I delete an important file? While getting "comfortable" in doing a number of find and replace, I spelled a replace string wrong (added an extra character), cursored over ahead of the character, then stroked delete and enter. Delete to get rid of the offending character, and enter to perform the replace. Since delete popped up the delete file dialog, with ok as the default, there was no time to keep my finger from down-stroking on the <enter> key - and the file was gone. It actually happened so quickly that I wasn't able to read the dialog the first time.

How I wish I had had version control on that file...

03 May 2011

Hi David,

Thanks. Now fixed on our development site (including defaulting cancel!), so we'll push this live with our next big update.

Thanks for the report!

Simon

05 Jun 2011

DigitalInOut - mode changes not real clear in the docs.

I tried quite a few experiments to get what I was looking for. I wanted to set a pin to one of 3 states (Low, High, Input-floating), all at runtime. So, this is just a suggestion to add some more text to the documentation for this service.

I got it to work with the following - but I'm not sure if it is simplified or optimized. The docs for DigitalInOut could probably have been a bit clearer.

#include "mbed.h"
DigitalInOut pin(p28);
int main() {
    while (1) {
        for (int i=0; i<5; i++) {
            pin.output(); // docs are not clear if this is needed 
            pin.write(0); // prior to this write
            wait_ms(50);
            pin.output();
            pin.write(1);
            wait_ms(50);
        }
        pin.input();
        pin.mode(PullNone); // values for mode are not obvious to me
        wait_ms(50);
    }
}
05 Sep 2011

Hi,

I would (finally) like to see some wiki documentation on the compiler errors and warnings as they are clickable in the compiler output but always seem to lead to empty pages.

I added two as an example:

http://mbed.org/cookbook/Compiler-Error-88 and http://mbed.org/cookbook/Compiler-Error-94

both with texts from digitalmars.com (the only source I could find quickly).

05 Sep 2011

It makes no sense to add thousands of errors which are never encountered by the users. If you get an error which is not described, just post some text to the page, someone will likely notice it and make a better description.

05 Sep 2011

Hi Igor

I just would like some decent documentation thats all. But up until today I never got any wikipages when clicking an error.

I agree that a lot are not encountered much but perhaps could it be monitored and filled the top 100 or so.

Digital mars has a lot of these error messages online and having them in a wiki linked to the compiler would improve usability.

Wim

13 Sep 2011

Hi all,

I noticed a problem with compiler build details. This used to work, but since the introduction of the tabbed editor is seems to fail. I get code and datasize values, but no percentages or graphics. Should be 5% for code in this example. See below.

/media/uploads/LF28A/_scaled_build3.jpg

I am using the Chrome browser.

Regards Wim