Supported platform table

06 Apr 2014

Because of the increasing number of platforms it will be nice to have a table of tested platforms for the software upload web pages. This table should be writable for other users to add a check mark if the lib was tested with a additional platform.

06 Apr 2014

I think something like that would be nice. In addition what we could do is add somewhere at relative the beginning of the cookbook, since all components stuff should slowly migrate to components anyway, a place with all the special peripheral libraries (MODSERIAL, FastPWM, etc) and which devices they support. Usage of one of those is already one of the major reasons it won't work on every device, followed by SPI limitations on how many bits they can send.

06 Apr 2014

I think such table has not to be here on this site.
A Google Spreadsheet is one of the alternatives, I believe.

edit:
I vote Erik Olieman as the candidate of the Spreadsheet creator. :)

07 Apr 2014

Hi,

The plan is to to add this functionality to the components system in the near future. It would initially allow the component author to indicate which platforms the component has been tested on, and also allow others to report their results too.

The cookbook is already unofficially deprecated and will become more officially so in the future, so I would not add any new features or items there.

Dan

07 Apr 2014

@Dan, I wonder, how is it then intended for everything in the cookbook that does not fit on the components page? For example there are a bunch of useful tutorials. But also for peripheral drivers such as MODSERIAL there is no place on the components.

It would help them alot for visibility when all component pages are removed from the cookbook.