Table of Contents
Internet of Things¶
- Remote Weather Station - A project to allow remote web page access to temperature, humidity and pressure sensor readings with Pachube.
- BEER & Advanced Recognition Fridge is an internet enabled beer keg with RFID, sensors, and a data base.
- Motion Detected Pictures On a Server - A Phidgets analog motion sensor and LS_Y_201 Camera interfaced with the mbed web server
- RSS News Reader - Displays RSS news feeds on the LCD display.
- Nokia LCD Weather Application - Fix/update the existing Nokia LCD Weather application with Yahoo app.
- RSS News Feed Reader allows to download RSS feed and have it read out aloud.
- Live Traffic Update - Displays live traffic updates on the Nokia LCD using the MapQuest API's Traffic Web.
- Simple Web Browser - Uses the uVGA II tiny vga adapter to display basic html web pages up to 10kb.
- Net Tool - A demonstration tool that can ping, identify, and perform a TCP port scan of a host connected via Ethernet.
- Wireshark using the Nokia LCD - Displays various network information such as source IP address, destination IP address, protocol name, and packet length from captured Packets.
- GSM modem - An Enfora GSM serial modem sending GPS data in an SMS Text message
- Contest Winner - SMS Scheduler using GSM Modem
- Internet Clock with Timer - A clock using the LCD that syncs to a network time server. Also has a Timer.
- Internet Alarm Clock is similar, but features an alarm and pushbutton controls.
- Alarm clock with weather forecast - uses RSS feeds from Weather.com
- Universal Translator - Allows the user to select the language which he intends to input, type a statement, select a language for translation, and hear how his statement is pronounced in the selected language using Google APIs. using Sparkfun VS1053 MP3 breakout board
- Cave Runner - Cave Runner Game with accelerometer input for control and Nokia LCD
- Bop It Game - LCD tells user action to take
- iHvZ uses mbed and ZigBee to record hits and upload data to a server in the popular human vs. zombies campus tag game.
- TicTacToe with Nokia LCD & PS/2 Keyboard
- mbed Pong with Nokia LCD & PS/2 Keyobard
- Simon Game - Utilizes multiple SPI port expanders in order to create a Simon game.
- Space Invaders for mbed - Reproduction of the 70's classic rendered in C++ using the Nokia 6610 LCD display.
Video and Graphics¶
- VGA demo - A simple text editor using a PS/2 keyboard, a VGA controller, and a microSD card
- Mini Digital Photo Frame – Converts and displays BMP and JPG images from an SD card on the Nokia LCD using the Sparkfun Touchpad for input
- LED Rotation - Displays bit maps on a spinning bike wheel using 10 RGB Shiftbrite modules
- VGAprintf - A printf function for the uVGAII
- Persistence of Vision Display - Swing a board of 8 LEDs or Shiftbrites fast to generate a text or simple image display
- Custom Characters on TextLCD - How to create any 5x8 character on the HD44780 LCD
- LCD menu - Implement a menu system using the existing TextLCD library.
Music and Audio¶
- Internet Radio - Streams MP3 from radio stations
- AM/FM/SW radio - Uses the si4735 shield from Sparkfun, a Text LCD, and the Sparkfun Touchpad
- MP3 Player with TouchPad And TextLCD Display - Uses Sparkfun touch keypad and mp3 breakout boards
- Audio Spectrum Analyzer using Nokia LCD display.
- midi synthesizer – uses Sparkfun Touchpads and Nokia LCD
- Music Synthesizer with PS2 Keyboard Input
- Music Synthesizer - Uses a PS/2 keyboard to play notes on a 64ohm speaker connected to analog out.
- MP3 Player - An MP3 Player using an SD card and the Sparkfun VS1053 MP3 breakout board.
- Guitar Tuner - A guitar tuner using the Nokia LCD and Goertzel Algorithm.
- Air Guitar - An air guitar using touch and IR distance sensors with mbed
- Wav player - Simple audio player utilizes an LCD, RPG , 8 ohm speaker, and SD card to provide the basic functions of a music player.
- Audio Player - Implemented a fully functional audio player that plays .wav files from a USB drive.
- IR Mouse - Three Sharp IR distance sensors used to make an IR PC mouse
- The Power Glove is a wireless PC pointing device using MEMS accelerometers and sensors mounted in a glove worn by the user.
- xBee Remote Robot - A low cost Sparkfun magician robot remotely controlled by mbed using Xbee
- Robot ARM - mbed control of a Lynxmotion Robot ARM
- Voice controlled robot - Uses the EasyVR module for voice control of the Sparkfun magician robot and displays temperature on LCD
- Weather Tracking Bot - A traxster robot that collects weather data.
- Stinger Robot Library - A library designed to simplify operation of the Stinger robot with the mbed and two H-Bridges.
- Balancing Robot is a first attempt to make a two wheel balancing robot using the mbed PID and IMU projects with two H-bridge modules and two geared DC motors.
- Seeing Eye Robot is a prototype of a robot designed to aid the blind in navigating around obstacles.
- Accelerometer Controlled Rover(Wireless) - A robotics connection traxster robot with a tilt remote control using mbeds and XBees.
- Copycat Robots - two magician robots with one following the other using Xbee
- ScottROV1 is an underwater remotely operated vehicle.
- Follow My Eye - a webcam on a PC tracks eye movement and controls a small robot that uses mbed
- RoboARM - a webcam on a PC is used to pick up objects using an mbed controlled ARM
- Robot ARM - a low cost Sparkfun basic ARM and gripper kit controlled using human arm gestures.
- Stinger Robot Kit - Obstacle Avoidance Using Stinger Robot Kit.
- SpaRTOS - A two month undergraduate student project to develop a sparse RTOS for mbed. SpaRTOS is designed to be built using the Keil Tools Compiler.
- Security Vault – uses the Sparkfun Touchpad, RFID, and EasyVR to unlock a vault
- Surveillance with text alert - a motion sensor triggers a text alert and photos
- RFID Door Lock - RFID reader checks internet based file access list, takes a photo, and opens a door lock
- SMS Home Automation - SMS messages sent to mbed from an Android phone monitor and control the home.
Test and Measurement¶
- Mbed Weather Station With Twitter – Using Sparkfun’s Weather meter, temperature, and humidity sensors
- Weather Station - A portable weather station using mbed to read sensors
- CLI - a command line interface to configure I/O pins for testing hardware using a PS2 keyboard and LCD
- OBD II with CAN - An attempt at reading diagnostic codes from a car.
- Solar Powered Mbed - with remote sensor data logging and power management
- Wireless data transfer using XBee modules - Two mbeds used for wireless transfer of sensor data with XBee
- MOSFET-Tester-and-Ohm-Meter - Uses Analog in to measure resistance and test a MOSFET with an LCD display for output.
- Real time map of nearest objects using SRF05 Sonar and two servos with a pan tilt assembly
- CruizCore XG1300L - Single axis gyroscope and a three-axis accelerometer.
- FreeStanding Wireless Weather Station - Freestanding wireless weather station, which includes: temperature and humidity sensor, air pressure sensor, GPS receiver module and a Wireless Wifly module.
- IR Remote Control - Uses of an IR remote to control things.
- DMU02 - A driver library for controlling the DMU02 by Silicon Sensing.
- GPS display of absolute co-ordinates & movement since last button push on a Nokia Color LCD.
- BR355- Mbed with low-cost serial BR355 GPS using RS232 breakout and PS/2 breakout for power.
- GPS with Google Maps - mbed with a GPS and WiFly using Google maps on a Nokia LCD.
- Automatic Infrared Camera - Takes pictures according to the light in the room
- Basic AM/FM Receiver - Standard AM/FM radio receiver using an Si4735 breakout board.
- NS73M FM Transmitter - Broadcasts a stereo signal at 2mW over the FM band from 87.5 MHz to 108 MHz.
Photos of Student mbed Projects¶